The 6 Reasons It’s Time for You to Upgrade to a New Home
There are several compelling reasons why it may be time for you to upgrade to a new home.
Here are six reasons it may be time for you to upgrade to a new home:
1. Your family is expanding. This is the most obvious reason of all. In this case, that bachelor pad or 1- or 2-bedroom home won’t suit you anymore. If you’re about to have a family of three (or more), making a move will better suit your growing family.
2. It’s not fun to come home anymore. How awful is this feeling? Perhaps you got a new dog and there’s nowhere for them to play, or you have no room for your family to stay when they visit, or your work commute has gone from 45 minutes to an hour and you return home each day exhausted. Any of these factors are great reasons to move into a new home.
"If you have the money and you’ve worked hard, why not buy your dream home?"
3. Your neighborhood needs are different. If you have kids, you want to live in an area that has a good school district and friendly parks. Or, if you already live in this type of area and your kids are out of the house, you might want to live in a location that’s more walkable or better suits your current lifestyle.
4. You can afford your dream home. If you have the money and you’ve worked hard, why not buy your dream home? Maybe the one that’s located right along the waterfront; maybe the one that’s more updated; maybe the one that sits in a dream neighborhood with all the cool restaurants you’ve always wanted to live near. Perhaps you can hold onto this property as an investment property—a win-win situation.
5. You no longer need to be “Mr./Mrs. Fix It.” It might’ve been fun in the beginning to put your stamp on your home and do all of the maintenance work yourself, but now the maintenance is constant and no longer fun. Go ahead and move into a new home where you don’t have to worry about this.
6. The market timing is right. With incredibly low interest rates and flat prices in the Seattle area the past couple of years, we expect prices (and competition) to increase in 2020. Any future concerns of a recession will not impact real estate prices. That’s the expectation, so get out there now and strike while the iron is hot.
If you’d like to talk more about whether now is the right time to upgrade, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. My team and I would love to help you.
I agree to be contacted by Wagner Real Estate Group | RE/MAX Northwest via call, email, and text. To opt-out, you can reply 'STOP' at any time or click the unsubscribe link in the emails. Message and data rates may apply.
By clicking Submit, you agree to our Terms.