How Will You Know That You’ve Found a Good Agent?
Finding the right agent can be tough. Here are five signs that you’re on the right track.
Want to sell your home? Get a FREE home value report
Want to buy a home? Search all homes for sale
Here are five signs that you may have found a good real estate agent:
1. You like them. You don’t have to fall in love with them and they don’t have to be your best friend, but you should at least like the agent you hire, given the amount of time you'll be spending with them. They're going to be guiding you through one of the biggest transactions of your life. If you pick up the phone and cringe when you hear their voice, that's a bad sign. You should enjoy spending time with your agent and hearing from them throughout the process.
2. They’re responsive and available. The best real estate agents have multiple clients and won’t always text you back immediately when you reach out. However, they should be listening to you, responding to you in a timely manner, and bringing value to you via information and communication.
3. They’ve asked you to get pre-approved. If you're a buyer and they want you to get pre-approved before beginning the search process, that’s another great sign. When you know what your budget is and know any problems that might arise in your credit report, it saves time for both you and your agent.
"You need an agent who won’t give up when the going gets tough."
4. They’re honest even when it hurts. In the past, maybe you’ve put on a bad outfit that you thought was pretty cool and your husband/wife had to let you know it wasn’t good or didn’t fit. That kind of brutal honesty and tough love is what you want in your real estate agent. If you fall in love with a home but it’s not a good investment, you want your agent to tell you the truth about it even if it hurts.
5. They do not give up easily. Real estate transactions aren’t always simple. Things go wrong all the time and even the smoothest transactions have some kind of hiccup. Having an experienced agent who isn’t fazed by these minor issues will ensure that you are able to get to the closing table with the best possible outcome.
If you have any questions for us about this topic or about anything else related to real estate, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.