E1: From $0 Down to $1.3M Investment Home: Seattle Living & Wealth Building
Looking to start investing in real estate but not sure where to start? You’ve come to the perfect place.
In this episode of the Seattle Living & Wealth Building podcast, the Wagner Real Estate Group (Hosts Maynard Wagner, Justin Day & Michael Dapper) welcomes Lisa Leikin, Vice President of Corporate Finance at BentallGreenOak, a commercial real estate investment advisor with over $20 billion in assets under management. Listen in as Lisa sheds light on her journey to becoming a real estate investor, highlighting the challenges and benefits of investing in real estate and renting your properties. She also shares how she turned a $0 down home mortgage into a $1.3 million investment property.
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- Buying your first property as a first-time home buyer
- Converting your first home into an investment rental property while you’re buying a new primary residence
- The ins and outs of selling your rental property
- How to avoid capital gains tax after selling a rental property
- What is a 1031 exchange and how do you turn a 1031 exchange into a profitable Airbnb property?
- The benefits of starting an Airbnb and the emotions behind buying real estate properties.
- Important things to consider when choosing a real estate agent.
- Navigating unexpected issues that commonly come in real estate investing.
- Factors in determining rental rates for an Airbnb.
- Trends in Seattle’s Airbnb market and the Arizona real estate market.
- Why you might want to do a long-term rental instead of a short-term rental.
- Is the real estate market going to crash in 2022 or 2023?