5 Reasons Why Your Home Isn’t Selling
Listing your home is the easy part. Selling it, though, is where problems can arise.
The bottom line is this: If your home isn’t compelling, it isn’t selling.
Our clients are finding great success with their listings, but many other sellers’ homes are sitting on the market, unsold. There are five big reasons why this happens:
5. The home is not showing well. This happens when sellers try to take shortcuts in their sale. They don’t repaint the walls to replace drab colors or they leave old, worn carpeting untouched. Buyers see these things as items in a to-do list, which often pushes them away from an otherwise great home. They simply don’t want to have to do anything after making a home purchase. So take the right steps in preparing your home for sale.
4. The home is not professionally staged. Today’s buyers have seen a lot of HGTV house-hunting shows. So when they’re out looking, they want the same experience they’ve seen before. Professional staging makes your home shine like the homes on TV, maximizing its appeal and driving more buyers to your home.
"If you want to sell your home in a reasonable amount of time and for top dollar, you need to follow each of these steps."
3. The home does not have professional photography or video. Agents are still out there using cell phones to capture the home, but this is the last thing they should be doing. Sellers need professional home photography in order to put their best foot forward in online and MLS listings. And these days, videos are all over social media, so taking advantage of a great videographer is a perfect way to show off your home.
2. The home is not marketed well. Many agents continue putting boring listing descriptions on the MLS. Nobody wants to hear about the generic, boilerplate info—they want to hear the unique selling points of a home. What are the emotions a buyer will feel when they walk into the property? Successful marketing means going where the people are, so social media is a valuable tool in getting people interested in listings.
1. The home is not priced well. Overpricing is a fantastic way to get potential buyers to completely ignore your home.
If you want to sell your home in a reasonable amount of time and for top dollar, you need to follow each of these steps. How can you do this without dealing with mounds of stress and frustration? By partnering with a great, professional real estate agent.
If you’re ready to start the home selling process, have any questions, or need further information, feel free to reach out to me. I look forward to hearing from you soon.